Saturday 25 January 2014

Speaking words of wisdom.....


When I find myself in times of trouble,
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be'


This week I found myself working in my Daily Art Journal, in which I ponder the week and thoughts of the present moment. I play with materials and images,  not always certain what the outcome will be and what is calling to be expressed. As you can see, my childhood roots have crept through!

I grew up in a household which was filled with Catholic Iconography, we had a Mother Mary statue in every room and somehow as an adult I still create Mother Mary corners in my home, even though Mary sits beside the local Chinese equivalent goddess of compassion and mercy, Kwan Yim and various other icons of general lovingness.


So Mary is a comforting presence  the Beatles told us, and we also know, she speaks those three little words of wisdomA great mantra for me this week as I roller coaster through a turbulent week of active night time brain........
"and in the hours of darkness she is standing right in front of me, 
speaking words of wisdom, 
Let it be.................."

I did create my own Mother Mary some years ago, I called her the Solstice Madonna and I love her grandeur and how she 'presides' in our house, a steady and familiar presence with a "Let it be" reminder...........
"and when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me
Shines until tomorrow
Let it be...."


Have a great week Wild and Arty friends,
we say goodbye to Year of the Snake Energy 
and get excited about the upcoming Horse!

Hurrah !

from 
Katie 
xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment